Diplomats or Consular Officers taking up post in The Bahamas for official government business may make application in the prescribed form through The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in order to be endowed with resident Diplomat status.
Diplomat ID Card Application Requirements:
- Letter of request from The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Two (2) current passport size photographs of the applicant on white background with name printed on reverse (captured within six (6) months of application, photo size must be 2 X 2 inches)
- VALID copy of biographical page of the applicant’s passport (passport must be signed and readable and have at least two (2) months validity)
- Certified copy of marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Certified copy of birth certificate showing parents’ names (if minor)
Please be advised that the above mentioned documents are also required for accompanying dependents.
All further correspondence should be addressed to:
Director of Immigration
P.O. Box N-831
Please note that:
1. Certified translations in English are required for each foreign document submitted and should have a $10.00 Bahamian postage stamp affixed thereto.
2. Translations must be prepared by someone proficient in the relevant foreign language.
3. Persons applying for diplomatic status must be accredited by The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Bahamas).