The government of The Bahamas may directly employ non-Bahamian nationals on contract to work within various ministries. Representatives from the various government ministries must submit applications on behalf of said individuals and their accompanying dependents for status as prescribed in the Statute Law of The Bahamas- Immigration Act Chapter 191- Sections 20 (1d and 1f).
Government Contracted Worker ID Application Requirements:
- Memorandum of request/Contract from the relevant Government Ministry/ Agency
- Duly completed First Schedule Form 1 Application (legible and notarized)
- Two (2) current passport photographs of the applicant on white background with the name printed on the back of photo (captured within six (6) months of application, photo size must be 2 X 2 inches)
- VALID copy of the biographical page of applicant’s passport (must be signed and readable and have at least two (2) months validity)
- Certified copy of marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Certified copy of birth certificate showing parents’ names (if minor)
Please note that the same aforementioned documents are required for accompanying dependents
All further correspondence should be addressed to:
Director of Immigration
P.O. Box N-831
Please note that:
1. Certified translations in English are required for each foreign document submitted and should have a Bahamian $10.00 postage stamp affixed thereto.
2. Translations must be prepared by someone proficient in the relevant foreign language.
3. Persons applying for status in first instance should not be in the country during the processing of the application.