The government of The Bahamas may directly employ non-Bahamian nationals on contract to work within various ministries. Representatives from the various government ministries must submit applications on behalf of said individuals and their accompanying dependents for status as prescribed in the Statute Law of The Bahamas- Immigration Act Chapter 191- Sections 20 (1d and 1f).
• A letter of request from the relevant government ministry
• Duly completed First Schedule Form 1 application
• Two (2) current passport photographs of the applicant on white background with the name printed on the back of photo (within six (6) months of application photo size must be 2 X 2 inches)
• A VALID copy of the biographical page of passport for the applicant (must be signed and readable and have at least two (2) months validity)
• Certified copy of marriage certificate (if applicable)
• Certified copy of birth certificate showing parents’ names (if minor)
• Same documents required for dependents
All correspondence should be addressed to:
Director of Immigration
P.O. Box N-831
* Please note that certified translations in English are required for each foreign document submitted and should have a Bahamian $10.00 postage stamp affixed thereto. Translations must be prepared by someone proficient in the relevant foreign language. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT PERSONS APPLYING FOR STATUS IN FIRST INSTANCE SHOULD NOT BE IN THE COUNTRY DURING THE PROCESSING OF THE APPLICATION.