Permit to Reside Renewal Application Requirements:
- Letter of request addressed to the Director of Immigration
- $200.00 non-refundable processing fee (payable by cash, credit/debit card, postal money order or bank certified cheque)
- Duly completed renewal/extension form
- Original medical certificate (dated no earlier than 30 days of the application being submitted and is required by everyone)
- Original police certificate (issued no earlier than six (6) months and must cover five years of residence; required for applicants age 14 and older)
- Two (2) current passport photographs of applicant on white background with name printed on back of photo (captured within six (6) months of application photo size must be 2 X 2 inches)
- VALID copy of applicant’s passport (must be signed and readable with minimum two (2) months validity)
- VALID copy of parents/guardian passport (must be signed and readable with minimum (2) months validity)
- All students must provide most recent transcript and report cards
- Accompanying Dependents must apply for a Permit to Reside
All further correspondence should be addressed to:
Director of Immigration
P.O. Box N-831
Please note that:
1. Certified translations in English are required for each foreign document submitted and should have a Bahamian $10.00 postage stamp affixed thereto.
2. Translations must be prepared by someone proficient in the relevant foreign language.
3. Persons applying for status in first instance should not be in the country during the processing of the application.