Resident Belonger Permit status was established, as noted in the May 8, 2015 Official Gazette, by the administration of the day to offer a legal status option to:
a) persons referred to in Article 7 of The Constitution of The Commonwealth of The Bahamas and who are permanently residing in The Bahamas at the time of application (i.e. persons born in The Bahamas to non-Bahamian parents …)
b) persons referred to in Article 9 of The Constitution of The Commonwealth of The Bahamas (i.e. persons born legitimately outside The Bahamas to a married Bahamian mother and non-Bahamian father…).
c) the foreign-born offspring of a Bahamian male referred to in Articles 3(2) and 8 of The Constitution of The Commonwealth of The Bahamas, who is married to a non-Bahamian spouse.
- $200.00 non-refundable processing fee (payable by cash, credit/debit card, postal money order or bank certified cheque)
- Duly completed renewal/extension form
- Applicant’s original medical certificate (dated not earlier than thirty (30) days before the application being submitted and is required by everyone)
- Applicant’s original police certificate (issued not earlier than six (6) months and must cover five (5) years of residence and is required from the age of 14)
- Two (2) current passport photographs of applicant on white background with name printed on back of photo (within six (6) months of application photo size must be 2 X 2 inches)
- VALID copy of biographical page of passport for applicant (must be signed and readable and have six (6) months validity)
- Certified copy of marriage certificate with English translations and Bahamian $10.00 postage stamp affixed thereon (if applicable)
- Death certificates where in either case the parents are deceased
- Current school records
All further correspondence should be addressed to:
Director of Immigration
P.O. Box N-831