Resident Belonger Permit Renewal Application Requirements:
- Letter of Request addressed to The Director of Immigration
- $200.00 non-refundable processing fee (payable by cash, credit/debit card, postal money order or bank certified cheque)
- Duly completed renewal/extension form
- Applicant’s original medical certificate (dated not earlier than thirty (30) days before the application being submitted. This is required for each applicant)
- Applicant’s original police certificate (issued not earlier than six (6) months and must cover five (5) years of residence; required for applicants age 14 and older)
- Two (2) current passport photographs of applicant on white background with name printed on back of photo (captured within six (6) months of application, photo size must be 2 X 2 inches)
- VALID copy of biographical page of passport for applicant (must be signed and readable and have minimum of two (2) months validity)
- Certified copy of parent’s marriage certificate with English translations and Bahamian $10.00 postage stamp affixed thereon (if applicable)
- Certified copy of parent’s death certificates where in either case the parent(s) are deceased (must be certified by Registrar General’s Department if issued in The Bahamas)
- Current school records and transcripts
All further correspondence should be addressed to:
Director of Immigration
P.O. Box N-831
Please note that:
1. All documents issued from countries outside The Bahamas must be properly verified (by apostille or Legalization) and have signature of authentication by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before they can be submitted.
2. Certified translations in English are required for each foreign document submitted and should have a Bahamian $10.00 postage stamp affixed thereto.
3. Translations must be prepared by someone proficient in the relevant foreign language.