To regulate the movement of people across the borders of The Bahamas so as to ensure the security, facilitate economic advancement and promote the harmonious social development of The Bahamas through the collaborative efforts of responsible government and non-government agencies both nationally and internationally.
- To ensure that ports of entry are properly equipped in order to control the flow of Immigrants into The Bahamas;
- To cooperate with local and international law enforcement agencies to ensure the security of The Bahamas and its people,
- To promote the delivery of quality service,
- To provide the necessary training for Administrators, Immigration Officers and Clerical staff by conducting in-house workshops and seminars, and to encourage the pursuit of higher education,
- To effect the timely processing of all applications for temporary or permanent immigration status.